Wednesday 7 August 2013

For the not so tall girl at campus...



Yes you heard me right. God wasn’t gracious with you in the height department, but I won’t call you short coz I hear women like only compliments if it’s about their looks. Must be why men invented lies.... yeah we did, you people only learned to do it better than us. Anyways that’s why I call you 'the not so tall girl at campus'.
How do I go about this... Hmmm.... to begin with let me clarify, this aint no love letter. I've written enough of those to realize that they don’t work on women anymore. Also, I don’t expect you to fall butterflies-in-the-stomach in love with me after reading this(even though the prospect excites me). Simply put, this is a tribute, to you and through you to all the women who time and again save me from falling back into pretending to be a macho chauvinist... who help me find solace in being the hopeless romantic that I secretly am.
I'm all about the inner beauty thing but the first thing a man sees in a woman................. can’t really be discussed here coz it risks this whole thing being judged obscene. We see what we see, you can’t hold that against us. Often you misconstrue it and take offence. Men are wired differently you see, we can’t help it... Charles Darwin and the 'Origin of species' stand testimony for that. When our caveman instincts take over, a thousand things from head to toe including wierd stuff like waist to hip ratio(0.7 being the perfect) are subconsciously factored in before deciding upon whether chasing you is worth it or not.
I'm pleased to inform you that you passed with flying colours in this preliminary evaluation despite having to compete against the likes of Priyanka Chopra and Jessica Alba(I have a thing for legs). And so, since the day I first saw you, you've been right there at the top of the list of promising candidates. Occasionally one or two celebrity actresses have pushed you down to second place but I assure you those were all one night stands.. nothing serious. You've been the leading lady in my dreams' scripts(I script my dreams beforehand.. try it, it's awesome) for the longest period in the history of the list. Now the list is.... how do I put it..... exhaustive. That’s another way of saying it’s lonnggg. I hope you don’t have a problem with it coz, you see every guy has a list even if they themselves are not aware of it.
By now you know that I live in the imaginary and make up a lot of stuff like this in my mind. But when it comes to making a move, I’m a coward(I truly suck at it). So I find myself sulking about it in front of my laptop, staring at your facebook profile and frowning at all the idiots commenting on your photos and status updates. Suddenly it seems as if every guy online has a crush on you. I start searching for clues as to whether you have reciprocal feelings for any one of those losers. Reading through the comments, my hopes are weighed down by an overwhelming feeling of pessimism. Memories of the countless times I’ve had to sweep the broken pieces of my heart off the keypad and all the names I’ve had to scratch off the list under similar circumstances start haunting me.
But you turned out to be an exception, atleast all the subtle hints on facebook indicate that you are single. I can’t help but smile to myself. Ohh the possibilities..... Content, I retire to my world of imagination where things are looking bright. I can see candlelight dinners, roses, long walks down the beach, beautiful sunsets.......... and I can see a torn list with every other name on it scratched except yours.

20 comments:

  1. wow..excellent one..many things u told were part of my life too....untill she departed from fb.....thanks any way

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha .. thumbs up .the confusion is cleanly cleared up bro :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much pain for a confesion... guess modern era requires modern means of confesn. But it is cool bro... hope she notices(i like d way u put it)... hope thing turns out as u want...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice 1 buddy especially wid d "first thing men see" part ;-) ....my bst wishes wid u bro...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an inkling you'd like 'especially that part' Mr Murthy..
      :D

      Delete
  5. New blog....congrats...!!!Seems like u spent much time in researching wt ur fb account...poor boy.! That beach side walk n sunset...isn't bit too much since d monsoon is getting worse??(I know...am a kill joy)..and not so tall girl??look who says...amitab ???(just kiddn...no hard feelings k...)..anyway gdluk wt d not so tall girl at campus...However i cant possibly stop myself from guessing names...can i?wat to do...v girls hv it in our blood...A little gossip wnt do any harm ryt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll do the gossip in private... You may guess but I'm not giving you anymore clues since both of you are at LH..
      Nd I thought you were the kind of girl who'd like romantic gestures like long walks on beaches...
      :P

      Delete
  6. thanks for that slip....i l guess d rest...

    ReplyDelete
  7. He he... Guess love letters and messages are old school now.. Blogs are in..good one..!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx.. nd congrats.. coz you just won the best comment award.. :)

      Delete
  9. Hehe I remember about the poem you wrote for her, in three languages. Why don't you blog that too... Would like to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A piece of advice: Never draw conclusions from one's Facebook activities.

    P.S: The "not so tall girl" was/is not single. How do I know..?? Well.. You can guess. LOL.. Sorry brother.. Hope you've moved on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, be aware of the fact that others who visit your blog profile, can see "the blogs that you follow"..
      :D :D

      Delete
    2. Except for the occassional nostalgia, I've moved on. And about the "blogs that I follow", I am an open book. Its all out there for everyone to see. 😝

      Delete